This is really a practical application, not an experiment. Follow this link to see the details of the 1101 256×1 bit SRAM tester that I put together.
I bought a bunch of these SRAMs for my SCELBI project, and since it is going to be a while before I can actually use them, I wanted to get some kind of read about how good or bad this lot of chips was. I have the SUPERPROTO available, so I went to work and put this tester together in three days. Probably 3/4 of the time was spent writing and debugging the test program.
Oh – except for the one I ruined by connecting -9 volts to an address pin, all the SRAMs I’ve tried so far, test good.